Smart businesses know that increased website traffic means more sales and greater profits. But how can you drive people to your website? Below are five tips to help boost your website traffic:
1. Know your target audience. In order to market your business you have to define your target audience. The same is true for your website. A little research will go a long way. Check your Google Analytics report to see where your current traffic is coming from and spend a little extra time promoting your business on these sites. For example, if your traffic is coming from Facebook or LinkedIn, consistently post updates and links to your site there. Perhaps Yelp drives a good deal of traffic your way, so make a point to respond to reviews on that site.
2. Clean up your website. Use a simple, structured navigation and architecture on your website. Visitors should be able to move easily between pages to find the information they need. Pages with too much copy or photos or long load times may frustrate customers and actually drive them away from your site. Also, make sure your site has been optimized for mobile devices to ensure visitors experience your brand in a user-friendly and easy to navigate way.
3. Search Engine Optimization. Optimize your website to increase your search engine rankings. Even basic SEO principles, like adding keywords and video, will improve your rankings and increase the flow of traffic to your site.
4. Add fresh content. Continually add relevant and useful content to your site with articles, videos and photos. Incorporate your blog and newsletters to drive traffic to your website, and use them as an opportunity to showcase your expertise. New activity on your website will increase traffic and promote sharing among your visitors.
5. Share on social media. Post links to quality content on your social media channels like Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+ and Twitter. Encourage your fans and followers to comment and promote discussion of your content.
Keep in mind it takes some time to increase your visibility and website traffic. Stay persistent in your efforts and you can see great results. What techniques have you used to increase your website traffic?